Monday, April 20, 2009

My First Post!

Greetings, welcome to natural4lyfe. I'm so excited - I finally started my blog!

I guess I'll just start with my latest project - my organic vegetable garden. My initial planting was on April 11th. I had to start cleaning a couple days prior to get everything ready. That took a lot of work. I had to walk around the yard, looking for suitable pots.


















And I had my helper tagging along - Sandy (or SandyLoo as I call her). She thought I was out there to play with her so she kept dropping her yellow ball at my feet. I was trying to use my newly acquired "Dog Whisperer" skills and telling her about boundaries. Calm and Assertive energy. It worked!






I gathered the old pots and dumped out all of the dirt. I didn't have gloves or anything. I thought I was doing fine until I was dumping out one clump and looked over at my left hand and it was covered in ants! I screamed a like a girl and SandyLoo and I took off running! Then I filled that pot with water to drown the lil creatures and then yelled again because SL started lapping up the water. I screamed, "There are dirty ants in there!" She kinda looked at me like I was crazy, like dude, I'm a dog. I swept and swept all the debris out of the corner. It looked darned good after I finished. One of the best pots I found broke - it fell like 5 inches to the ground and shattered. Gotta be more careful with the terra cotta pots. I'm grateful I was able to use these discarded pots because I'm on a budget! B. had a yard sale the prior week and didn't sell a vintage baby carriage and a iron spiral planter, so I rescued them from the junk pile and moved them to my new garden. They will work perfect! My garden looks eclectic and balanced.

No comments:

Post a Comment