Monday, April 20, 2009

Initial purchases

Wednesday, April 8th: I went to Garden Ridge to compare prices on gardening supplies. It felt good to be there because G.R. and I used to have a thang goin on back when I lived on Busbee. How can one store have so much stuff?? They got WAY too much of my $ back then. I walked around the entire gardening section, writing down prices and then thought, "Why don't I just buy it?". So I did (and ended up taking everything back!).

The tools, gloves and watering can were all cheaper at Wal-Mart. That was my next stop. I found most of my seeds there. Who knew they would have such an extensive organic seed selection? I thought I was going to have to go to Sevananda to get everything organic. I wanted to buy a bit of everything, but I restrained myself to just 11 packets: Thyme, Basil, Oregano (which I pronounce oreghhhano like Dr. Gillian McKeith), Zucchini, Squash, Tomatoes, Broccoli, Cucumbers, Carrots, Red Onions & Bibb Lettuce. Just 2 bucks each. I guess that's a good price. I couldn't find the Bell Peppers, Salad Mix & Spearmint that I wanted. I found Scott's Organic Potting Mix on sale and bought the Plant Food concentrate too. I can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment